This event will bring together Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) practitioners and users with disabilities
|When||Jan 26, 2008|
from 09:00 am to 04:00 pm
|Contact Name||Khairil Yusof|
|Add event to calendar|| vCal|
Consists of domain experts (disabled users) working together with local FOSS resource persons.
The morning session is facilitated by a domain expert and they come up with a framework for evaluating FOSS software with regards to accessibility for visually disabled users. In the afternoon, the FOSS facilitator takes over and demonstrates the various FOSS solutions that are available. The domain experts are guided (hands on) on the different FOSS solutions and gives scores and feedback to the tools using the morning’s framework.
- FOSS technical volunteers – Khairil Yusof
- Visually disabled users – Mary Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- a domain specific evaluation framework
- a domain-oriented perspective of the existing tools (through the scoring)
- a prioritized list of features for each FOSS app needed to bring
the app up to par with the needs of the domain expert