Medical equipment is essential for hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. For example, medical equipment and instruments account for nearly half, if not more, of hospital medical service processes. Buy your medical equipment supplier in selangor here.
Medical equipment includes various features that can assist you in regularly monitoring your health condition, especially if you suffer from specific ailments. Not only that, but medical equipment can help to prevent the occurrence of potentially fatal disorders.
Everyone is encouraged to prepare medical devices at home at all times. This is done so that small injuries or symptoms, such as fever or headache, can be treated as soon as possible.
Not only healthy people but also medical equipment must be prepared if you have specific health conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, or hypertension.
Medical devices like hospital equipment may not always have to be large, heavy, or complex. Plasters, for example, are simple and modest in size yet provide important roles.
Functions of Medical Devices
From this understanding, we can conclude that some of the functions of medical devices are as follows:
- Diagnosing certain diseases in patients
- Treating and curing disease
- Support and maintain the patient’s life
- Establish structure and improve the function of body tissues
Standard Medical Devices at Home
Anyone can get injured in the house. These injuries can be sharp cuts, burns, insect bites, or sprains. Not only wounds, but you can also sometimes experience certain complaints while at home, for example, itching due to allergies, cough, runny nose, or fever.
To anticipate this, several standard medical devices and medicines should always be available at home, namely:
- Enough bandages, gauze, and plaster to cover the wound
- Scissors for cutting gauze, bandages, or plaster
- Tweezers to pick up small debris stuck to the skin layer or objects that accidentally enter the ear or nose hole
- Medical gloves made of latex as PPE to clean wounds and prevent wounds from infection
- Thermometer to check body temperature
You can also supplement it by storing commonly used medicines, such as:
- Cough medicine
- Pain relievers and fever reducers, eg, paracetamol
- Antihistamines to relieve allergy symptoms
- Antiseptic solutions, such as povidone-iodine and rubbing alcohol, to clean wounds
Medical Devices for More Emergency Conditions
In addition to the simple medical devices above, some people with certain conditions or diseases should prepare medical devices as needed. Some of these types of medical devices include:
1. Inhalers and nebulizers
Inhalers and nebulizers are medical devices that distribute drugs through the respiratory tract and are used by inhalation.
2. Blood sugar test kit
This medical device is a small cordless machine that uses a battery and is equipped with a small sterile needle for taking blood samples and a strip to collect blood samples.
Tensimeter is a medical device that serves to measure blood pressure. This medical device is important at home, especially for people with high blood pressure.
4. Pulse oximeter
The pulse oximeter is a medical device that measures heart rate and oxygen levels in the blood. This tool must be available for certain diseases, such as asthma, COPD, stroke, or heart disease.